What you need:
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chile
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle chile
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 1/2 pounds country-style pork ribs
What you do:
- Place all of the ingredients except the pork in a small bowl and stir to combine. Rub the spice mixture evenly on all sides of the ribs. Place the meat in a resealable plastic bag or a baking dish covered with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Let the ribs sit at room temperature for 1 hour before cooking. Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to medium (about 350°F to 450°F).
- Place the ribs on the grill with the larger, flatter side down, cover the grill, and cook until the pork is browned and crusty on the bottom, about 5 to 7 minutes. Flip, cover, and cook until it’s browned and crusty on the other side, about 5 to 7 minutes more. Rotate the ribs so that they are resting on a thinner side (you may need to prop them up against one another), cover, and cook until browned and crusty, about 4 to 6 minutes. Flip to the other thinner side, cover, and cook until browned and crusty or an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thickest rib registers 145°F, about 4 to 6 minutes more. Transfer to a clean serving platter, tent loosely with foil, and let rest about 5 minutes before serving.
Joe Tatro likes his with Southern style sweet tea, an anti pasta salad, and cold beer. Thanks Joe for submitting for Facebook Friday!